onsdag 18. april 2012

Gamle saker - Old stuff


Jeg rotet litt i skapet mitt forleden, og da dukket denne opp. Min aller første hekla pute. 30 år er gått siden den ble produsert. Jeg husker godt at jeg syntes at omgangene var ekstremt laaaaange.

I looked around in my closet lately, and then this one turned up. My very first crocheted pillow. 30 years are gone since it was produced. I remember that I thought the rows were incredibly looooooong. 

Sammen med puta dukket også minnet om et av farmors gamle tepper. Hun heklet det omtrent på samme tid som jeg heklet puta,

Together with the pillow, the memory of an afghan made by my grandmother, also turned up. She crocheted it at the same timeas I crocheted the pillow.
  

Et nydelig log cabin teppe.

A beautiful log cabin afghan.
 

Det er kanskje ikke så rart at jeg er glad i farger, når man ser denne fargeprakten som farmor kreerte. Mine to bestemødre har alltid vært mine store inspirasjonskilder, og det var morsomt å se igjen teppet.

It's no so strange that I love colours when you see this glorious colour scheme my grandmother created. My two grandmothers has always been my sources of inspiration, and it was fun to see the afghan again.
 

Den gamle puta er slettes ikke ueffen sammen med de nye putene heller, selv om garnet jeg brukte den gang er av en helt annen kvalitet enn det jeg bruker nå. Tviler på at Lurex-garn vil få innpass i dag :-)

The old pillow doesn't look too bad together with the new ones either, even thoug the yarn I used then, is of another quality than I use today. I doubt that Lurex-yarn will ever be used again :-)

Inga Helene

4 kommentarer:

  1. WHAOW, that looks great!
    now i know where your creativety came from.
    your pillow is also great because you are using the same colors today!
    it`s nice made, and if you have a tutorial on it i would be looking forward to it, in time.
    and i wander how your grandmother made the log cabin (just one piece).
    it realy is a crochet quilt! and the colors are not faded jet.
    greetings

    SvarSlett
  2. Hvor var de kule puten og teppet! Som du har heklet de i går :)
    Dette stripete teppet blir fantastisk fint! Klem, PiPa

    SvarSlett
  3. What special memories associated with these heirlooms. We seem to be born attracted to certain colors.

    It looks like light from a louvered blind is shining through your grandmothers afghan. How pretty!

    SvarSlett
  4. Espectacular!!
    Greetings from Argentina

    SvarSlett

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails